FAFSA - the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
In addition to financial aid, consider scholarships. Make sure to apply for scholarships as soon as possible, as they are often provided on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The application is completed each year
- It can be completed anytime after January 1st
- Often students are eligible for some form of financial aid
- USDOE Blog with tips on filling out the FAFSA for parents
- Office of Federal Student Aid, what is expected
- 10 Tips, CBS News
- Tips, NY Times
- Most students are aware of some form of financial aid
- FAFSA Guide Thank s for sharing BestSchools!
It is also important to know there is a difference between federal subsidized and unsubsidized loans.